Semen is the thick, white fluid released(plus other sugar and protein substances) during ejaculation that contains sperm.Semen analysis is the test which we measures the amount, healthy and viability of a man’s semen /sperm.
Therefore, the semen analysis measures three major factors of sperm health which are;
The number of sperm
The shape of the sperm
The movement of the sperm
However, in the report of semen analysis, you will see these important words;
- Volume – The quantity of the fluid released on an ejaculation.
- Concentration – The number of sperm per milliliter
- Sperm motility – The percentage of moving sperm
- Sperm morphology –The percentage of normal shape sperm. This is the important part to predict the capacity of sperm to fertilize with eggs.
- pH – The acidity of the seminal fluid
- WBC – The concentration of the white blood cell which may sign of infection