Mitochondrial Replacement Therapy (MRT) is known as Three-parent baby that produced from the genetic material of one man and two womenthrough the use of assisted reproductive technologiesin vitro fertilization (IVF)
Most of this energy is provided by tiny structures called ‘mitochondria’ presentsinside our cells which known as “the powerhouse of the cell” meaning it is a power station to cells, they serve as batteries, power various function of the cell and the organism.
Mitochondrial replacement therapy (MRT) involves an additional egg from a third person, and manipulating both the recipient egg and the donor egg.
Process of Embryo doubling through MRT
- Extraction of the spindle from donor’s egg
- Extraction of the polar body (PB) from the patient’s egg
- Injection of the polar body (PB) into enucleated donor’s egg
- The egg is ready for ICSI
- Become the embryo and develop to blastocyst
For more information, please visit our partner